The vertically-integrated Belga Films group consists of several entities, all active in the film industry in Belgium:
- Created in 1937, Belga Films is the clear leader in independent film distribution in Belgium thanks to a ambitious line-up of mostly English-speaking films (recent releases include Paddington II, La La Land, 12 Years a Slave, Sicario, The Hunger Games saga, Snowden. Past releases include Pulp Fiction, the Twilight saga, Crash, Babel and over 800 other films). In 2017, Belga seized 4 of the top 6 independently-distributed films and ranked 3th overall, ahead of 4 of the 6 majors
- Belga Films Fund is the group’s Belgian Tax Rebate (“Tax Shelter”) in-house fund currently riding the best ever launch in the system’s 15-year existence. In the last 3 years, it financed 25 projects for amounts from 50.000€ to over 5M€ per project. (www.belgafilmsfund.be)
- Belga Productions is the group’s company focusing on international co-productions for projects initiated internationally. It accompanies productions in Belgium from A to Z in all operational and financial aspects. In 2017, it served as the local producer for Thomas Vinterberg’s Kursk, one of the largest films ever produced in Belgium
- Belga Studios develops the group’s own feature films in English, several of which are in pre-financing stage
- In 2016, the group opened White Cinema, an 8-screen movie theater in Brussels (www.whitecinema.be)
- The group owns 50% of Independent Films (www.independentfilms.nl) one of the largest independent film distributors in the Netherlands
Belga Productions offers production solutions in Belgium while giving producers the opportunity to benefit from all the other facilities of the group. With direct access to annual multi-million financing via its in-house Tax Shelter fund, Belga Films Fund, and premium Benelux distribution backed by appealing MGs, Belga Productions produces 8 to 10 feature films , documentaries, animated films and TV series annually year with budgets ranging from €1 million to €50 million. Belga Productions additionally applies for Belgian regional funds with a demonstrated track-record in the country’s three regional funds.
With an experienced team specialized in structuring financing and producing films and TV series, both at a local and at an international level, Belga Productions assists producers in the most effective way and can fully support each facet of every project in a true, transparent partnership.
Thanks to a selective approach, we can guarantee personalized and quality service for each and every project.